Monday, May 23, 2011

Over The Rainbow




Don't worry we're still in Kansas, and Toto lives to see another day! Gradient nails are my 'it' thing this summer. I let my idle mind wonder this past Saturday afternoon, and decided to do my nails. The night before I accompanied a friend to his prom (I'm a college freshman by the way) and the make up artist who did my look had GORGEOUS nails. She informed me that this was a gradient look and that she had done it at home with a sponge. I achieved this look by using an unused Timberland shoe cleaner sponge and random polishes found in my twin sister's room. I will be posting the step by step guide under the nails section shortly.

*By the way, this look is also great if your polishes have gone bad and gunky, because you sponge on the polish. Therefore it doesn't matter if it's smooth and even!


What you're favorite polish brand?

4 comments:

  1. here in south africa we have an "essie" brand which makes the most beautiful range of colours :)

    Lovely blog
    x x x
    http://theillustrated-edge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds amazing!Color blocking is a huge trend this season,so it sounds like it would be perfect for that. For anyone else interested in the Essie brand mentioned by Alexia you can visit their site here:
    http://www.essie.com/
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete